Covid-19 Procedures & Measures
A holiday at Sisland Tithe Barn has always been relaxing and we have been hard at work during the spring to make your stay in our properties even better.
A few changes:
- Information, directions and payment details are now e-mailed out to guests prior to arrival. This includes links to websites where tourist information is available.
- The earliest arrival time for is now 6pm and we request that, on your final day, you depart the property by 9am. We request that you adhere to these times as it ensures we have enough time to deep clean each property in accordance with Government guidelines.
- We have adopted self-check-in and departure procedures which minimises contact. Rest assured that, should you need us, we can always be contacted by ‘phone or e-mail during your stay.
- We ask that, in accordance with the Government’s “Track & Trace” initiative, we have contact details for all members of your party, including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. In accordance with our GDPR protocols, this information will only be kept for six months.
- Inside the properties, we have removed all non-essential, high-contact items such as guide books, games and tourist information leaflets. We have also reduced the amount of crockery, cutlery, glassware and kitchen utensils provided. This guarantees we have time to put every item within the cottage kitchen through the dishwasher, at the recommended temperature, to ensure it is safe and clean for our next guests.
- We do include a few books and DVDs but, be safe in the knowledge, that they are rotated between guests and no item will be returned to a let for at least two weeks.
- If, during your stay, there is a reason beyond our control that we need to access the property with one of our trusted maintenance contractors. We will, of course, give you as much notice as we can and adhere to all guidelines with regard to PPE and social distancing.
- To keep us safe, we ask that you place all your used bed-linen together with all towels, tea-towels etc in a blue laundry bag (provided for your individual use). We request that all your refuse is double-bagged and placed in the black wheelie-bin at the bottom of the drive and all recyclable items are put in the green wheelie-bin adjacent to your property.
- Each changeover is carried out by either Jane or Lesley. No agency staff are used. We use industry-recognised anti-bacterial and anti-viricidal products conforming to BS EN 14476 and BS EN 1276 standards.
- In each property, you will find anti-bacterial and viricidal surface cleaners and wipes. The hand-wash provided is anti-bacterial and, part of your “Welcome” pack now includes a bottle of hand-sanitiser for you to use when you are out and about.
- If, during your stay, any person starts to show symptoms of Coronavirus or are advised to self-isolate, we request we are informed as soon as possible and appropriate measures will be taken. Current Government guidelines state that a test must be taken immediately and, if positive, then the guest must return home if reasonably possible.
- We take the health and welfare of all our guests very seriously and look forward to welcoming you to Sisland Tithe Barn.
- We trust you will have taken out holiday cancellation insurance to cover you stay with us. We are happy to assist with any documentation you may require in the event of a claim.
- If Government-imposed travel restrictions mean you are unable to take your holiday here, we will waiver all fees imposed and refund you.
- All of our other booking terms and conditions remain unchanged.
Lesley & Jane