Eco Policy — The Green Tithe Barn
Sisland Tithe Barn actively takes measures to encourage green sustainable tourism. We aim to provide good quality accommodation which has a minimalistic effect on the surrounding environment.
- We promote recycling and encourage guests to recycle all their rubbish.
- Where possible, we use energy-efficient lighting systems and appliances – such as flat-screen TVs and LED light bulbs. We conserve energy by switching off lights in unoccupied areas and closing windows if the heating is on.
- We have water-efficient washing machines in Owl Barn and Orchard Barn and adopt water-wise policies.
- We have adopted a policy of minimal chemical use in both our housekeeping and grounds. We endeavour to use eco-friendly consumables across the site.
- We have installed solar panels to provide green energy within The Tithe Barn.
- We use solar lighting throughout the grounds.
- We encourage guests to explore the rich natural and cultural heritage and beauty of the area through walking and cycling. Secure, under-cover cycle storage is provided for guests.
- We have installed a bio-ethanol fire in Owl Barn. Bio-ethanol is produced from sugar beet and provides a low carbon and sustainable energy source with the added advantage of giving off low emissions to the environment.
- Through our activities at The Tithe Barn, we support the local area – hosting events that benefit the village both financially and culturally.