ACCESS STATEMENT FOR ORCHARD BARN AT THE TITHE BARN, SISLAND
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities we offer guests at Sisland Tithe Barn.
Sisland Tithe Barn, in its rural, but accessible location, is the perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for business or leisure – offering luxurious, pet-friendly accommodation close to the historic city of Norwich, the Norfolk Broads and the Suffolk Heritage Coast.
Orchard Barn is ideal for people who want a memorable self-catering holiday in a peaceful countryside location. The open-plan kitchen, dining and living area, coupled with the views from the picture window, provides a relaxing atmosphere complimented by stylish home comforts.
Orchard Barn sleeps four people and has two bedrooms. The property is on one level and has recently undergone refurbishment to provide chic and contemporary self-catering accommodation.
All the major supermarkets (with the exception of Ocado) deliver to Sisland. Please request that your delivery be made to The Tithe Barn.
Broadland Mobility, based in Great Yarmouth, offer a holiday mobility rental service. They can be contacted on 0800 151 0255 or via their website www.broadlandmobility.co.uk
CAR PARKING AND KEY COLLECTION
Parking is available on a gravel drive immediately in front of Orchard Barn.
Orchard Barn is usually left open for arriving guests but, should this not be the case, we will contact you with the code for the key-box. This is1480mm/58.25ins above ground level.
ENTRANCE TO PROPERTY
- The entrance to the property consists of a single door. The door opens outwards and can be secured by a hook on a post at the side of the drive. The width of the door is 860mm/34ins.
- There is one step to the door at a height of 70mm/2.75ins.
- The entrance is well-lit at night by a motion sensor light.
- The floor-covering inside the entrance is a short-pile doormat and wood laminate flooring. The hallway, which leads into the living area, has a width of 1090mm/43ins.
- There is a standard size, front-loading washing machine.
- The controls for the central heating are in the hallway 1440mm/56.75ins from floor level.
- Access to the shower room is via a door opening 810mm/32ins wide.
- The shower door has an opening of 705mm/27.75ins. The step into the shower is 100mm/4ins.
- The toilet is 460mm/18ins high and the wash basin is 865mm/34ins high with a lever tap.
- A shaver socket is positioned on a fluorescent light over the mirror at a height of 1820mm/71.75ins above floor level.
- The bathroom is well lit with an overhead light and a fluorescent light over the mirror. There is non-slip vinyl flooring throughout.
OPEN-PLAN LOUNGE AND DINING ROOM
- The lounge has two sofas – both with non-feather cushions. The first sofa (grey) has a seat height from the floor of 490mm/19.25ins. The second sofa (blue) has a seat height of 470mm/18.5ins from the floor.
- There is a large footstool with a height of 410mm/16.25ins from floor level.
- There is a nest of tables. The smaller table has a surface height of 350mm/13.75ins from the floor and the top of the larger table is 445mm/17.5ins from the floor. Furniture can be moved.
- There is a widescreen Smart TV with a remote control, subtitles and a DVD player.
- There is an extendable, circular pedestal dining table. The height from the floor to the lowest part of the table (under-space) is 655mm/25.75ins. The table is 770mm/30.25ins high with free space around it.
- There are four dining chairs (all moveable) with padded seats but no arms. The seat height from the floor is 490mm/19.25ins.
- Throughout, lighting is natural daylight, and by night, overhead lighting complemented by a floor light close to the dining table.
- The flooring is wood laminate throughout. There is a short-pile rug on the floor of the living area.
- There is a wooden dresser containing crockery and glasses and, in the drawer, tablemats and coasters. The handle of the drawer is 200mm/8ins above floor level. The handles of the dresser are 1020mm/40.25ins above floor height. The top shelf (containing glasses) is at a height of 1365mm/53.75ins. The middle shelf (containing dinner plates) is at a height of 1030mm/40.5ins and the lower shelf (containing side plates and bowls) is at a height of 695mm/27.5ins above floor level.
- Cutlery is stored in a sideboard which is 760mm/30ins high. The handle to the cutlery drawer is 730mm/28.75ins above floor height. There is a lower cupboard – the handle of which is at a height of 430mm/17ins.
- The oven has a top grill with a door that drops down; the handle is 740mm/29ins above the floor. The main oven has a door handle 460mm/18ins above the floor. The hob is 950mm/37.5ins above the floor and the controls for the extractor hood are 1730mm/68ins from the floor.
- There is a ‘fridge/freezer – the handles to both are at a height of 940mm/37ins from the floor. The highest shelf of the ‘fridge is 1570mm/61.75ins from floor level and the top shelf of the freezer is at a height of 800mm/31.5ins from the ground.
- There is a dishwasher with a drop-down door; the handle and controls are 760mm/30ins from floor height.
- The worktops and sink are 910mm/35.75ins above the floor.
- There is a wall cupboard, the shelves of which are 1400mm/55ins, 162.5mm/64ins and 185.5mm/73ins from floor height respectively. Saucepans, bakeware and other cooking utensils are in the lower cupboards as is the cutlery. There is a cordless kettle (rotating 360⁰).
- The kitchen is evenly lit with halogen spotlights above the whole area. Flooring is wood laminate throughout.
- The door to the front bedroom is 810mm/32ins wide.
- The bedroom has a king-size bed. The height of the bed from the top of the mattress to the floor is 720mm/28.25ins.
- There is limited space around the bed for wheelchair access.
- Lighting is natural daylight and, at night, overhead lighting. Bedside lamps are also provided both sides of the bed on bedside cabinets with a height of 550mm/21.75ins.
- There is a wall-mounted Smart TV with a remote control and subtitles.
- The bedroom has a wardrobe with a handle 1050mm/41.4ins above floor height. There is also a chest of drawers with the top being 790mm/31ins from the floor.
- The bedroom offers a good colour contrast between the floor, walls and door. The carpet is short-pile, and the bedding is non-feather.
- The door to the back bedroom is 810mm/32ins wide.
- The bedroom has a double bed. The height of the bed from the top of the mattress to the floor is 650mm/25.5ins.
- The bedroom has a wardrobe with handles 900mm/35.5ins above floor height.
- There is a laundry basket stool seat. The height from the floor is 450mm/17.75ins. The maximum weight the stool takes is 80kg/12.5 stones.
- Lighting is natural daylight and, at night, overhead lighting. Bedside lamps are also provided both sides of the bed attached to the wall at a height of 1230mm/48.5ins.
- There is a wall-mounted Smart TV with a remote control and subtitles.
- The bedroom offers a good colour contrast between the floor, walls and door. The carpet is short-pile and the bedding is non-feather.
- Orchard Barn has a secure garden area with a paved patio which can be accessed by the back door. The door is 750mm/29.5ins wide. There are two steps down to the patio. The first step down is 90mm/5.5ins high and the second is 210mm/8.25ins high.
- A table and chairs plus a barbeque/pizza oven are available on the patio. The patio furniture has a seat height of 450mm/17.5ins (including the cushions). The table has a height of 720mm/28.5ins with an under-space of 670mm/26.5ins. The height of the table can be adjusted.
- The patio area is approximately 4.5m x 4.6m/14.9ft x 15.1ft.
- There is a log cabin gazebo containing a Tuff Spa® TT250 hot tub. The height of the hot tub is 750mm/29.5ins. Steps to access the hot tub are provided – there are two steps at a height of 200mm/8 ins and 400mm/16ins respectively. The size of the gazebo is 4m x 3.16m/13.1ft x 10.4ft.
- The door to the log cabin shed is 820mm/32.25ins wide and can be accessed via a step which is 220mm/8.75ins high.
- There is a gravelled path to the side of Orchard Barn which leads to the car parking area. At its narrowest it is 1.5m/5ft in width. The length of the path is approximately 10.5m/34.5ft. The path is fenced off with a gate – the opening width of which is 890mm/35ins. The gate is secured by a bolt at a height of 1060mm/41.75ins.
- There are steps from the patio which lead down into the orchard. The first is an overstep of 50mm/2ins in height and 140mm/5.5ins in width which leads to a step 240mm/9.5ins wide with 150mm/6ins of usable depth. The next step is 240mm/9.5ins wide with 160mm/6.25ins of usable depth. The final step is 240mm/9.5ins wide with 130mm/5ins of usable depth before you reach an uneven grass surface.
- Dogs are welcome in Orchard Barn. Please see the separate Dog-Friendly Cottages page on our website.
- All areas of Orchard Barn have good colour contrast between the floors, doors and walls. Generally, doors and doorframes are dark with walls lighter in colour.
- The mobile ‘phone reception is good and free Wi-Fi facilities are available although coverage and speed are variable.
- The nearest Hospital with an A&E unit is the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital which is 14 miles away. The postcode is NR4 7UY and the telephone number is (01603) 286286. The nearest Doctor’s surgery, Chet Valley Medical Practice, is one mile away. The telephone number is 01508 520222. Should you need a doctor urgently when the practice is closed, telephone 111.
This Access Statement is available in larger print on request.